Bradley County was formed December 18, 1840, from parts of Union, Cleveland, Drew and Ashley counties. It was named for William H. Bradley who had been with Andrew Jackson at the Battle of New Orleans and later settled in Arkansas. The county seat is Warren. All of the county’s records are preserved in the courthouse. The first deed dates from March 29, 1841, and the first court records from April 1841. The County’s structure today is the third county courthouse. Its predecessors were replaced because they were outgrown, not because of as in a number of Arkansas counties, being destroyed by fire. Pine timber is the mainstay of the economy with Potlatch Corp owning 300,000 acres and being the largest taxpayer. The county has nearly as many miles of company roads as county roads. Bradley County, however, is the tomato-raising capital of the state; and the General Assembly declared the South Arkansas vine-ripened pink tomato the official state fruit and vegetable. The famous Felsenthal Refuge features boating, hunting and fishing and is very poplar with the sportsmen.